Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Sonic Boom Issue 2 (tanka prose)

Elegy
 
Every day is a chore. The most difficult time of day is when I need to drag myself out of bed in the mornings. I hate waking up to a pile of dishes in the sink, dirty clothes strewn all over the bedroom floor, books and magazines lying around the house, phone messages of friends who worry about where I am.
 
There are a few things I consistently love to do, though. Brunch is composed of tea and honey, toast, and soft-boiled eggs. I eat in front of the computer to see what's new with my Facebook friends. The chat room is left open through the day just so that I have company, even if I don't feel like talking at all.
 
Then, I'm lost in a shuffle of to-do lists. Nothing gets accomplished as I move from one colossal project to another.
 
without you
I stumble on memories
I thought I'd forgotten . . .
the words of an elegy
finally complete

No comments:

Post a Comment