Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Fireflies' Light, Issue 23

Here are my poems published in Fireflies' Light:

SENRYU

biscuit crumbs 

between the couch cushions . . . 

forgotten lies 

 

sour milk 

too late to say 

I'm sorry 

honeymoon 

releasing the butterfly 

in my obi 

 

park walk 

in Valentine t-shirts 

my dog and I 

 

HAIKU 

 

before sundown 

the fiery glow 

of a waterfall 

 

cherry blossoms 

the way my dog and I 

glance at each other 

 

summer night 

swaying to the beat 

of calabash maracas 


 

TANKA 


 

cherry petals 

float down the river . . . 

how I wish 

I could tell you 

one more time 

 

between seedlings 

and unfolding petals . . . 

all the waiting 

sweetened by the songs 

of a nightingale 

 


CHERITA 


 

the last fallen leaf 

balances desperately 

on another branch

like my final words 

 

hanging recklessly 

with yours


enfolding myself 

with the scent of wildflowers 

 

I stay in this moment 

 

where everything 

sounds better 

in my head

No comments:

Post a Comment