Thursday, February 2, 2012

Taking the Haiku Challenge!

     Thanks to Kirsten Cliff! From her blog Swimming in Lines of Haiku, I found out that it's National Haiku Writing Month. All poets from around the world are invited to write a haiku each day. I'm taking the haiku challenge! I'm pledging to write a haiku daily and post it on the NaHaiWriMo site on Facebook.
     I've already posted two haiku - for Feb. 1 and 2. The daily writing prompts have surely proven to be inspirational. So far, twenty people have liked my first haiku. I'm still up at 3:00 am, counting the people who have also liked my haiku for Feb. 2. :-) I think this is also good way of finding out which haiku works best by observing people's comments.
     To know more about the NaHaiWriMo, click here. Come and join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment