Monday, April 28, 2014

Bamboo Hut Vol. 1 No. 3

     I'm excited to have several of my tanka included in Bamboo Hut Vol. 1 No. 3, an online journal of contemporary English tanka.

autumn moon
flitting in and out
of the clouds
the many faces
of my grief

artificial orchids beam
under the winter sun . . .
how sad it is
to believe in your lies
just to make myself happy

opening my arms
to a slice of peach moon . . .
what does it take
for you to give me
all of you

spring morning . . .
finches dart in and out
of a rosebush
how I long for you
to stay this time

memorizing
every inch of you . . .
I've forgotten
tonight is the night
I see a supermoon

winter dream . . .
under the starlight
the leaves rustle 
whispering in my ear
how much you love me
 


 My first collaborative tanka sequence is also included here. Thank you, Kathy Uyen Nguyen, for writing Divine Reason with me. 

     Here's the current issue:
 

  Print copies are available at Lulu.com. Click here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment