Friday, March 14, 2014

Diogen Autumn & Winter Contest 2013 for Haiku, Senryu, Tanka, and Haiga

     The results of the Diogen Winter Haiku Contest 2013 may be viewed here, except for the tanka category. I wasn't surprised not to grab a place in the haiku category because the haiku poems I submitted weren't really that good. I'm hoping that at least one of my gut-wrenching tanka poems would be a winner. 
     As I'm eagerly waiting for the complete results, I just remembered that I haven't posted the good news about me winning 2nd place for the tanka category in the Diogen Autumn Contest 2013
     Here is my certificate.


     I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'd be posting another certificate in the following days for the winter contest.
     By the way, as I was browsing the results of the autumn contest, I found out that another of my tanka poems was selected. 

     bush crickets . . .
     a husband reroutes 

     to another direction
     hoping he has heard
     the last of it

     This time it was published, with a translation, among other poems. I found my tanka on pages 13-14. Click here and keep scrolling down until you reach almost the bottom part to read a batch of poems with translations. You might find out that your poem has been published, too. 

2 comments:

  1. Been a while since I'd visited. Congrats for the lovely wins!! Your work has grown tremendously, Chrissi. :)

    Many blessings to you! <3

    your twin sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry for the super late reply. Thank you so much, Kathy, for dropping by and leaving some encouraging comments. You are one of my greatest inspiration! Blessing to you too, twin sis. :-)

    ReplyDelete