Thursday, November 21, 2013

Living Haiku Anthology

     It felt so good when Don Baird accepted 15 of my haiku for Living Haiku Anthology. What a privilege it is to be among more than 100 talented poets! 

     Below are the ones that I submitted:

floating on water
the scent of magnolia
summer breeze

Semifinalist for the month of August 2011
Ito En North America New Haiku Grand Pix
-----------------------------------------------------------

new moon
changing the photo
inside her heart locket
                                         
Honorable Mention
Kaji Aso Studio International Haiku Contest 2012
 ----------------------------------------------------------------


another splash
from the bird bath . . .
lingering heat
3rd place, 6th International Kukai 2012
--------------------------------------------------
pulling her to places
she has never been
the sound of the train

One of the 8 awardees, Setouchi Matsuyama
Photo Haiku Contest 2011
 -----------------------------------------------------------


yard sale
a yoyo unwinds
a string of memories
Frogpond, Winter 2012
------------------------------


hospital bed
the way his eyes light up
whenever he sees me
With Cherries on Top - 31 Flavours from NaHaiWriMo 2012
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  
evening drizzle
notes from his guitar
perfume the air
Haigaonline ( Vol. 12, Issue 2, December 2011)
 -------------------------------------------------------------
a bird song
no need to know 
the color of its wings
Haigaonline ( Vol. 12, Issue 2, December 2011)
-------------------------------------------------------------
frameless sky
the boardwalk too small
for my dreams
A Hundred Gourds, 1:4 September 2012
----------------------------------------------------

moonless night
my tears dissolving
into prayers
100th World Haiku Association Haiga Contest 2012

       If you want to share some of your best haiku, it's not yet too late because submissions are still being received and considered. Here's the link.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely poems all of them! Delighted to be sharing space with you on Living haiku anthology.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I can't believe that I haven't replied to this. I had been really very busy. One of my New Year's resolution is to keep writing on my blog every day like I used to.
      Thank you, Sanjuktaa. I should find time to read your and the others. I'm sure yours are beautiful! :-)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! :-)

    I love them all, and current favorites:

    new moon
    changing the photo
    inside her heart locket


    pulling her to places
    she has never been
    the sound of the train


    evening drizzle
    notes from his guitar
    perfume the air


    a bird song
    no need to know
    the color of its wings


    But that will change, and change again, as I really like them all.

    warm regards,

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Alan! I keep forgetting to reply here. I've read your comment and I really do appreciate it. I must be more diligent in keeping my blog updated. This year, I plan to have more drive and inspiration to write, submit, and post more here.
    Happy New Year to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete