Friday, December 28, 2012

Fool's Paradise (A Christmas Gift from Aubrie Cox)

     Just when I thought I had unwrapped all my gifts on Christmas eve, I received a wonderful present through the internet - Aubrie Cox's latest project Fool's Paradise!


     I waited for the next morning to unravel this delightful treat. It was worth all the wait! Aubrie put together another splendid collection, but this time she gathered found poems using song titles and/or band names. Isn't that unique or what? 
     Among her projects on Yay Words!, this is the most challenging to me. I spent some time racking my brains to come up with something good. Thank goodness for my muse, I came up with a haiku that I'm very fond of. 


     the way I am
     when you say nothing at all . . .
     cajun moon


     Credits:

     "The Way I Am" - Ingrid Michaelson
     "When You Say Nothing at All" - Alison Krauss
     "Cajun Moon" - Randy Crawford

     To read more found poems, download a free pdf copy of Fool's Paradise here.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment