Sunday, October 21, 2012

Not a Single Star

     I was invited by Ed Bremson to join another group in Facebook called Five Line Poems. For my first post, I wrote this before I went to bed.

 
not a single star
speaks to me tonight
but all these poems
I tuck under my pillow
with a smile


     It was quite liberating writing this poem because all I had to do was write a poem with five lines. I didn't have to  stick to the rules of a good tanka, a kind of poetry I need to learn more about. 
     You may read comments on my poem here. If you think you'd like to join us, check out Five Line Poems.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Chrissie, Thanks for this tanka tonight... You have no idea how much I needed a smile to sleep on after the last couple of months! It's a tanka in my book as far as I'm concerned.... Tanka was written originally from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... You're more than welcome. I should be the one thanking you because you made me feel good after reading this post. Whenever my work means something to another, I feel that I had accomplished one good thing for the day.
    Telling me that this poem is also a tanka makes it even more special. Hope you sleep good tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete