Friday, January 6, 2012

Black and White Challenge



 Haigaonline (Vol. 12 Issue 2, December 2011)
This may be viewed under "contemporary haiga."

     When I found out that Haigaonline was accepting submissions for their black and white challenge, I was excited. I have this black and white photo which means so much to me. The actual challenge for me was to come up with a haiku that was strong enough to make the absence of color on the image significant.
     If you'd like to learn more about black and white haiga, read Jim Swift's article, Black and White Photography, which can be found under haiga workshop in the December 2011 issue of Haigaonline. I suggest that you check out featured artists. I'm sure you'll be inspired by the exquisite works of an'ya and Ron C. Moss. 
    

2 comments:

  1. That is absolutely breathtaking, and the haiku is perfection.

    Gisele :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... I'm touched. This is my favorite! :-) I'll tell you why later ;-)

    ReplyDelete