Saturday, December 17, 2011

Bouquet of Flowers

 

 A Handful of Stones (December 3, 2011)


     If I'm not mistaken, I think I've only received a bouquet of flowers once in my life. I guess it's because I've always made it clear that I'm not crazy about receiving one. First of all, I think it's a waste of money. I prefer a greeting card or a gift that I can keep forever. Secondly, I think I'm allergic to flowers, especially those that have a strong fragrance. 
     The irony is, when I see a bunch of flowers or a flower arrangement at a store, hotel lobby, restaurant, etc., I always end up hovering around it like a bee. Honestly, I'm easily amazed by simple things, like how different a flower is from another even if it's of the same kind. I also get excited when I discover a kind of flower that I've never seen before.
     To share a secret with you, this photo was actually taken at a grocery store. I couldn't resist taking out my camera. I wished they were mine...       

*only the haiku appears in A Handful of Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment